Monday, May 4, 2009

Ella's blessing day....

Sorry for so many pictures, it is for mom and dad!















I really don't have time to be blogging but I wanted to write some things down about Ella's special day before I forget. So here I am with a hundred other things I could be doing!
Ella's blessing day turned out to be perfect! We were a little nervous because it rained all day Saturday and then Sunday morning it was still raining as we went into church but when we came out, the Sun was Shining, and it turned out to be a great day, until right after we had put all the tables away, we had a serious down pour, with wind, lightning, thunder and i think there was even some hail. It was like Heavenly Father parted the clouds for his little Ella on her special day! We had all of our families there except Mom and Dad of course, but I felt their spirits! Ella's blessing dress is one that my mom sent home from the philippines for her, so there was a little part of mom and dad there! It was a busy blessing day in our ward with 3 blessings. And one of the Grandpa's of one of the babies being blessed is David Beck, the new General Young Men's President, so that was pretty cool to have him there. Travis gave a beautiful blessing! Just another reminder to me of how grateful I am for the Power of the Priesthood and for a husband that honors that priesthood! When I was getting Ella dressed before church, Travis came in and looked at little Ella and you could see his eyes light up and tear a little, then he turned to me and said, she just melts my heart! I love it! I love how different a little girl has been and how she already has her dad wrapped around her finger. After the blessing we all gathered back here at our house for lunch! we had about 50 people here, my brother Brad even made it up from St. George, We missed his wife but was glad he could be here! Thank you so much everyone for making it such a special day for Little Ella and for me! It is funny because it was actually my birthday too, So Ella was born on her Dad's bday and Blessed on mine. We decided that she is kind of taking over. But we both didn't mind! I loved sharing the day with her! And Travis is thrilled about sharing bdays with her! We love you little Ella! Oh i almost forgot, Ella gave me a great bday present and slept from 9-5 and after i fed her at
5, she slept until 8. Thank you Ella! it was wonderful!Now if only we can make it a habit..

5 comments:

Toomey Family said...

What a wonderful day you had!! And a good night sleep too, you can't beat that. Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

These are the times that make all the hard work so worth it! Thank you for sharing this special day with us. We love you kids! I have the cutest grandbabies in the world.

karlin said...

No worries about the shower. You had a BIG day! Seeing pics of Ella makes me excited for my new little one. I love her cheeks! How neat to bless her on your bday. Happy Birthday and Mother's day! xoxo

P.S.Love the kids in their Easter gear too!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Oh Sue, I almost cried at the Travis comment, "She melts my heart." Little girls were created for daddys to love. They are the sweetest, most precious darlings. I'm so glad you have a girl now. She looked lovely.

Kyle and Ashlee said...

What a special day sus....ella looked so adorable in her outfit. And yes, i can't agree more...little girls truly wrap their dads (and moms) around their fingers. I LOVE IT!!