Friday, June 20, 2008

The Farewell....

My mom and dad's farewell was on Fathers day, so it was a very wonderful and emotional day! i am really struggling with them leaving but i am also very anxious to get them out of here so we can work on them coming home :) jk, This really is going to be such an amazing experience not only for them buy for my whole family, what a blessing this is for us. Thanks again for your example to serve.
The chapel and overflow were totally full, It was the first sunday in this brand new church and they were using every chair in the church and they still needed more, The other ward that was there gave up their chairs in their priesthood class and they all stood during their lesson. wow!Mom and Dad were overwhelmed and their hearts were full! They both did a wonderful job and will be amazing mission presidents!
We had a yummy lunch at their house after, it was fun to see all the family!

Mom and Dad and their 7 children.

Trav and I with mom and dad, who knows where our kids were?

A Big shout out to Travis for being such a wonderful dad, he didn't get a nap on fathers day and i know that is one of his favorite things to do, sorry babe! Thanks for being such a great dad!

Everyone was trying to fit into the shade, it was a hot day!

My mom and her sisters and one brother, She has one more sister, My aunt karol passed away from cancer about 4 years ago, and we miss her dearly!

My dad and his brothers and sisters, he has also had a sister pass away, my aunt Darlene.

Hayden, Boston and Parley enjoying some cake, Parley thinks he is so big when he is with his cousins.

doing the dishes after the party.

all the yummy desserts.

two of my darling nieces Brooke and Jessica.

More yummy food.


The hardest part about this whole day was seeing my mom and dad say goodbye to these 2, Uncle Eldon and Aunt Marcia, they have been best friends for years, always going on vacations together, golfing, many sleepovers, late nights, trips to hawaii that i was fortunate enough to be apart of. etc. etc. Mom and Marcia just cried, knowing they wouldn't see each other for 3 years. I don't like good byes and i am not ready to say good bye! Ready or not ,right?

5 comments:

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a wonderful post. It looks like you had a fabulous farewell party. Your family looks so good. I was happy to see your Aunt Marcia and Uncle Eldon. They brought back memories for me. Do you remember when we drove with them to Canada for your cousins wedding. Didn't they drive their red, hot corvett? That was the best trip ever! Remember cock eye?

Jade said...

I cannot get over how big your nieces and nephews are! Where did the time go? I am glad that you guys were able to get together so much before they go. Oh man they leave tomorrow, you ok?

Chelli said...

Your family looks like so much fun! What a great farewell for your parents. They have left a great legacy in the 9th ward! We wish them luck! They will leave a great mark everywhere they go.

Katie and the boys said...

That was a really nice day! You and your sisters did such a great job putting this all together. I love your family and am so glad to be a part of it.

karlin said...

It was a great day. I was so glad to be there. You got some good pictures. I can't get over how beautiful your family is. How are you guys doing?? I can't beleive they are gone. They will be missed. I'm glad I wasn't there to see any of you say good bye, including Aunt Marcia. Love you! Let's get together soon. Looks like a fun weekend at the cabin too.