Friday, June 27, 2008

The Setting Apart....


My Dad and mom were set apart on Thursday June 19. What an amazing awesome experience it was. They allowed all of my brothers and sisters and their spouses to come. My dad was set apart by Elder Quentin L. Cook of the 12 apostles and my mom was set apart by Earl C. Tingey of the seventy. I can't even tell you the feeling we had as we walked through the building knowing that it was the offices of the 12 apostles and prophet. Just before getting on the elevator we bumped into Elder Holland and jokingly he said, "You'll get through it, its not that bad". These are such amazing men and the feeling there is such a feeling of reverence and peace, i loved it there. We went into elder cook's office and he sat us all down and asked my dad to tell him about himself, My dad introduced all of us and then proceeded to tell him about his life in a nutshell. It was so cool to have such a personal experience with an apostle of the Lord. Then Elder cook asked elder tingey to give my parents some advice. The first thing he said was to get to the Philippines and unpack your bags, then he looked at all of my family and told us to let them unpack their bags. It was advice my sisters and I didn't want to hear but definitely needed to hear it. He said if you need a recipe, don't call your mom! Then Elder cook started in again and actually was a little emotional as he told my mom and dad that this is the best thing they could ever do for their 30 grandchildren, because it gives them the opportunity to pray for their gma and gpa every day. We all were a little emotional. But what an amazing experience this will be for my mom and dad. They both gave beautiful setting apart blessings to my parents and the spirit was very strong. We all were wondering what they were going to set apart my mom as, and they set her apart as a full time missionary for the church, cool huh? My testimony was strengthened as i felt the power of God through these great men! What an awesome church we belong too!

2 comments:

Angie said...

great rap up of a wonderful evening! I am so grateful you got that picture! It is wonderful
Your a doll
Love ya
Angie

karlin said...

what an amazing experience!