Wednesday, October 1, 2008

mission calls, baptisms, & primary programs...


Three of my favorite things all happened in one weekend!
#1. Mission call: My nephew James received his mission call on thursday last week and the whole family gathered at the wagstaff's to watch the event, plus all the wagstaffs which shockingly out numbers my family, plus all of james's friends, it was a full house! Mom and dad were even there on Skype, which was awesome, they had some of their missionaries sing called to serve to james! Angie had some maps up and we all had to take a guess of where we thought he would go! angie even fed us all pizza, salad and brownies! I decided that this is seriously one of my favorite things to watch, i love the spirit that is in these young boys and i love to see their faces as they see for the first time where they are going to spend the next 2 years of their lives, i love to see them know that that is exactly where the Lord wants them to go!I love to see their eyes fill up with tears of joy and sometimes fright :)! This is the oldest grandson in my family so it was so much fun to watch this and now it is going to be so awesome to watch him in the next 2 years! James is probably the most righteous 18 year old that i will ever know, i can just hope and pray that my boys will follow his example! We love you james, Good luck!
Oh and he was called to serve in the Bogota, Colombia mission Leaving Dec. 19, one week before christmas! wow!!
James talking to mom and dad on skype! technology is amazing!
Standing with his dad!
he was so nervous, and shaking so bad he could barely open the envelope.


#2. Baptism: On saturday my family all got together again to witness my niece Alivia be baptized. I decided again that this is another one of my favorite things to watch! i love the spirit of these little children as they enter the waters of baptism. and then to watch their dads or whoever perform such a sacred ordinance! i love to see the light in their eyes when they come out of the water! it always reminds me of my own baptism! i always seem to be very emotional at baptisms and i am not quite sure why but this one was no exception, i was asked to say the closing prayer and barely made it through it, i am blaming most of the emotions on my pregnancy and i have decided to blame the other part of them on me missing my parents really bad!! particularly my mom! WE sure missed them at these big events in our family but could feel their spirit!We are proud of you alivia, thanks for being a great example to our family!

#3. Primary Program: On Sunday it was our wards primary program, another favorite for me, always has been!i always look forward to this sacrament meeting! i love the spirit of all those kids and to see them wave at their families and to see all the grandparents in the audience and to go over the meeting by 30 minutes! I love the simpleness of all the songs and all the parts that they work so hard on. Their first song was I am a child of God, and as they started singing it, Parley perked right up and gave them his full attention, he then started singing along quite loudly! It was the sweetest thing and just brought tears to my eyes (pregnancy again) !

5 comments:

Angie said...

That was so Sweet - You are a doll. I would love copies of your pictures (opening the call).
Have a good one
Angie

karlin said...

Congrats to James. That is so exciting. I love that so many people were able to be there to see James open his call. You guys have such a great family and Alivia is 8?

Callie said...

You had one busy weekend, glad you had a good time!

Heidi Openshaw said...

How wonderful Susie to have all these exciting events going on in your family. We were able to enjoy Mary and Christian's Primary Program a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing too. I like you, love seeing all those innocent chidren up there doing their best. Mary spoke of Maddox for her part and Spencer and I had no clue that that was going to happen. We both started bawling and felt the spirit so strongly. Primary Programs are truly a blessing.

Toomey Family said...

WOW!!! Congratulations on the new baby coming! You'll do great. So happy so many good things are happening in your family.