Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Parley and Grandpa Hatch...

My Grandpa Hatch was such an amazing man. He lived a very faithful and honorable life. He wasn't totally with it the last few years of his life and his health wasn't the greatest, so after my grandma died we had the opportunity of taking care of grandpa in our home for 2 weeks at a time. It was a wonderful opportunity for me and although he rarely spoke or communicated much, i feel like i was able to get to know him so well. I had many opportunities of "babysitting" my grandpa and i loved every minute of it, we had a special bond. There was a game i use to play with him or you could call it teasing him, He liked things in order and he always would line everything up on the kitchen counter, i would walk by and disorganize it and he would come back and put it in order again. We would do this all day throughout the day. It was teasing him, yes, but it also gave him something to do. Well my dear sweet grandpa hatch has passed this trait on to my little Parley. he loves to line things up and if anything gets out of place it makes him quite upset and he can't settle down again until it is back in place. Everytime parley has me come see whatever it is he has lined up i have a little moment where i think about my grandpa. I loved him so much and miss him a lot. But i had to share this because i always want to remember how Parley has a little bit of grandpa Hatch in him! Grandpa Hatch passed away 9 years ago.



3 comments:

The Cox's said...

Hey Sus,
It's good to catch-up on your blog! I got your Christmas card and died when I saw that you were expecting a little girl! That is so AWESOME. I'm so happy for you guys. That is so rad too about your Christmas present aka your new wheels. How the heck did Travis pull that one off? Incredible sneaky secret. Ha, ha, hee, I liked that story.

Heidi Openshaw said...

Sus I totally remember your grandpa Hatch! What a sweet little post. Thanks again for today. We had so much fun at your house, and i need the recipe of those sandwiches like ASAP. They were heavenly!!

karlin said...

I can't believe it's been 9 years. That is crazy... I was kind of rough housing with Avaree last night and totally thought of Grandpa Hatch in the old days and how he used to play with us and tease us. He was such a great Grandpa! I'm so glad I have those memories of him.