Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day...

So last saturday night we were doing our nightly routine of getting ready for the sabbath the next day, with church at 9:00 we always tried to do everything the night before. I had fed the boys and had put them in the tub, i was ironing white shirts for the boys when i hear Parley say, "Mom poop!" so i run back to the bathroom and sure enough brigham has pooped in the tub, So i put them both in my tub so they can finish their bath, i am now cleaning the poop out when i hear a big thud and crying, so i run in there and brigham has pooped again in the tub, parley in his attempt to get out of the poop slipped and cut his lip. So i take both boys out of the tub, set them in my shower to hose them off and brigham poops a little bit more in the shower. By this time i am like, ok we really need to get a diaper on him, but i had to tend to Parley with the bleeding lip. I am trying to explain to Parley that he shouldn't try climbing out of mom's tub because it is to big and that is why he fell, Travis comes in and says, umm Parley if there is poop in the tub, then you do everything you can to get out of there ( i had to agree with travis on that one). Meanwhile Brigham is running around in his bday suit and you guessed it, pooped on the carpet. i finally get them both cleaned off and in pajamas. then had to clean out every tub and shower and some carpet spots. Gross, i know! In the midst of all this Travis was trying to prepare for his talk the next morning in sacrament meeting, which he did a wonderful job on! I got the boys to bed, finally got back to my ironing and in bed myself! Wow what an eventful night that i hadn't planned on!! But definitley a night i don't want to forget! I can now laugh about it!

6 comments:

Jade said...

Such a classic story. I still can't believe that happened.

That is so funny you did the comparison of Par and Grandpa Hatch cause that is the first thing I thought of when I would see him do this. Cute

Heidi Openshaw said...

It blows my mind. Really! I cannot believe how often your boys poop. I am completely worn out from that story. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you out. I really wish I could live next door to you and just help you all day long. It would be so fun!

Kyle and Ashlee said...

Please put this story in a hard bound book....your boys are HILARIOUS!!!

Farnsworth Fam said...

I have so been there, I feel your pain. From one tub to the next, and then out comes the Clorox. I am exhausted just reading about your experience and thinking of my own!

karlin said...

I'm so glad other people have poop stories! Isn't parenting fun?

Us said...

That seriously was an awesome,funny story. Keep them coming!