Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The St. George House...

We had a fantastic time down in St. George for Easter. I actually went down last Monday with the kids and my mom-in-law and we didn't come home until the next monday, one full week, it was awesome! Travis didn't join us until Wednesday, but we still had 5 days with him. My kids love going on vacation and they now call this vacation the St. George House! They loved it down there! We went to the park every day, swam a couple of times, flew kites, had easter egg hunts, played tball and tennis, watched movies, ate good food, walked around the temple, watched conference, Trav golfed and I did a little shopping, and just enjoyed being together and with family. I love this time of year and I love Easter and listening to Conference with my family I thought it was so perfect that Easter fell on Conference sunday this year, and I totally enjoyed all of the talks that I heard,I loved that there were a lot on parenting and raising our families in righteousness I am looking foward to the Ensign next month as it is a little hard to take all the talks in when you have such young kids that don't really know how to sit still and quiet yet :) But I am so grateful for a prophet and apostles on the earth today and I have such a testimony that they really are the Lord's mouth piece for us. It was a great Easter weekend, thanks to the Shupe's for such a wonderful trip and an awesome place to stay!




The kids loved the pool especially Ella!




We enjoyed dinner at the Pirate pizza place, it was a great place for kids!

My mother in law Heidi was so much help with my kids, especially when Travis wasn't there yet. She entertained Ella the whole drive down to st. george! My kids love her.


Playing some arcades at the pirate place.


We enjoyed many days at the park, it was so nice to get outside!
Playing T-ball, I know i have said it before, but brig is our little natural, He would hit the plate with his bat and say hey batter batter, he is so fun to watch and he can really hit the ball!

Parley is learning and is doing better, he actually starts t-ball this month, I am sure it is going to be very entertaining! I just hope he can take in the concept of the game!



These guys were exhausted and zonked out on gma's bed, we had a tough time waking them up to go to dinner...
we even moved them downstairs and this is where they both ended up, on the couch...
We all went to dinner, it was quite a sight but I though the kids did great!


Listening to conference...
Reading a book and playing memory during conference...Heidi and Parley played memory at least a couple of times a day, he loves this game and I think he liked playing with Heidi the most because she would let him win, what a nice grandma!
The first easter egg hunt was at the park with the condo's HOA, it was a lot of fun and kids found lots of eggs.



It was impossible to get a picture of all 6 grandkids, this is the best we could do, they were all a little preoccupied with their eggs...

swimming again...

Ella really loves the water..

The kids loved the kiddy pool, I loved this pool when i was a kid too, i actually thought it was my very own and wouldn't let other kids get in it..

Handsome boys going to the Priesthood session...
Parley and Tobie doing a puzzle...

Coloring Easter eggs...

Jessie and Amy are the best Aunts ever, they were so much help with the kids and the kids love them..
Easter morning...
Brigham found his basket under the stairs...

Parley found his in the ottoman...


And Ella found hers under the table and was thrilled...


Parley and Brigham both got the book of mormon stories and Doctrine and Covenant stories for kids, Parley loves reading them...

the 2nd easter egg hunt, Travis hid some eggs outside the condo, the kids loved it..











After Conference on Sunday we went to the park and flew kites and played....














flying kites, it was a perfect windy day....



We went and walked around the St. George temple, it was so pretty, and it was fun to have the kids be so interested in it, Parley was dying to go inside and kept telling me to open the doors...









Brigham insisted on pushing Ella everywhere we went...





The drive home...



I wasn't quite ready for the trip to be over but we are home now and it wasn't so great to come home to the snow... but it's spring time in Utah right?

4 comments:

Emily said...

what a fun trip! it kind of bums me out that ella has cuter clothes than me. cute fam!!!

Katie and the boys said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Ella is getting so big. I can't believe how great Briggy looks.

Jade said...

Wow great post! Looks so fun and I am so jealous of your tan.

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a nice trip. The new condo looks beautiful. I am craving warm weather. Your kids are just soo cute.