Sunday, October 31, 2010

3rd day in the Philippines..

Our 3rd day Travis and my Dad went Golfing at an awesome resort where you have your own caddy's and everything. I didn't get any pictures but my dad has some on his camera that i will have to get later. They said they had an awesome time. While they were golfing my mom and I and Rubi (her maid) went for a Jeepney ride to the SM (basically a mall that is pretty americanized), it was a lot of fun, the jeepney ride wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There is a lot of noise in the philippines and the SM was no exception, everybody plays the radio so loud in the stores, there is no relief from the noise. We shopped for a little bit then met my dad and Trav for lunch at KFC. We headed back to the mission home so dad could do some work in the office, while dad worked, Rubi took me, trav and mom on a walk in the street behind their house, I couldn't believe it, It was a very humbling experience for me and helped me feel so blessed again about where I live and where I come from. Right outside the gate to the mission home there always sat about 10-15 philippino kids chanting President, president, We want Candy! We want Candy, then my dad would come out with a bowl of candy and give it to them, these kids were there everyday. Little tiny ones, i really couldn't believe it, They kept saying my name over and over too, Sussie, Sussie and then ask me a whole bunch of questions. So amazing. Then we went to Lipa ( this was fun for me because this is where mom and dad spend a lot of their Pdays so it was fun to put a face to Lipa), we shopped a little bit and then went to their grocery story where they get most of their groceries. My favorite part was just being with my mom and dad so everything was pretty much awesome i didn't care what we did. Then we came home and made dinner another favorite of mine, i loved being with my mom in the kitchen again, even though you have to wash everything in bleach before doing anything with it. it was still so fun to be with mom!



 My first and only Jeepney ride...

 This is a jeepney, this was parked right outside the mission home, this is how everybody gets around in the philippines, nobody owns a car so this is pretty much the bus system, except there is a million o f them!
 The street behind my parents house, these homes line the gate to the mission home...

 some of the kids, they are so cute...

 more cute kids, oh and there are sick looking dogs everywhere, and I mean everywhere..

 This is one of the homes, i saw a lot of these baskets hanging from the ceilings and it is where their babies sleep so that the are off of the ground, can you even imagine...
 The beautifl mission home and office..
 the kids that sit outside the gate.. the sign they are making means Guapo, or handsome..
 the kids waiting for president to bring them candy..
 The president at work...
 This is Rubi, my moms maid and best friend..she was so sweet. 


 my dad dishing out the candy... he does this often..
 We saw this on our way home from Lipa, this is another way that they travel... just looking at these pictures I am feeling so blessed..

1 comment:

Jade said...

Wow wow wow. I wanna go. What an experience!