Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hatch Family Reunion...

Everytime one of my Mom's siblings has turned 60 we have a big Hatch Family Reunion. It was a full day of reunion festivities, It was so fun to be with my cousins that I just don't get to see as much as I would like to anymore. It was also awesome to remember my Grandma and Grandpa Hatch who have left such an amazing legacy. They had a video playing of both of them and there were some clips of my Grandpa playing the organ, he was so awesome at the organ and the piano, he played by ear and that was one thing he did up until he died, he couldn't even speak anymore but he could still play the piano, anyways everytime those clips came on I couldn't help but cry as I thought about and remembered those great people. I sure miss them and am so grateful for eternal families so that my family will be able to meet them someday. Travis met grandpa Hatch but he was already out of it, we used to baby sit my Grandpa when we were dating, but Travis never met Grandma so I am excited for that day because she was an amazing lady!! Of course we missed my Mom and Dad and I know my mom would have loved to have been there with her family. So mom these pics are for you!!
This is my whole family minus a couple, we sang our families favorite song "the family night song" for our talent, we are quite talented!!
My grandparents use to own a store called Hatch's View Market, it was pretty much in their driveway and that is where my mom grew up working and my dad would drive over on his tractor just to see her! there motto was "Why Travel Further and Spend more", so they had a little Hatch's view market at the reunion for the kids to buy treats from.
They had lots of games for the kids and adults,water games, I had a little doggy and he didn't bite you, musical chairs, virginia reel, a little bounce house,  and lots more..
It was so fun to see all my relatives..
This is my cousins son and he kept asking me to take pictures of him all day long, it was hilarious..
This was the missionary board, where everybody put a tack of where they have been , lots of missionaries from the family, isn't that awesome!
and then we left for the cabin the next day, it was a busy weekend!!

No comments: