Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Swimming Lessons again...

Parley had his second round of swimming lessons up in centerville across the street from his cousin's house. It was  a private lesson just him and the teacher and I couldn't even watch until the last 10 minutes of the last lesson. I was nervous for these lessons because Parley doesn't do well in the water without his life jacket. But he actually did great. I was very pleased with what he learned, he could push off the side and do somewhat of a front crawl, I couldn't believe it. He jumped off the diving board with no fear and he never plugged his nose (although we went swimming yesterday and he plugged his nose every once in a while, oh well I plug mine sometimes too) he could swim down to the bottom of the pool and pick up the toys, he did the back float and tummy float for 10 seconds, He held his breath under water for like 7 seconds, his teacher said he was almost swimming on a  6 year old level and that as soon as he gets more strength he will be that much better. I wish that I could take him swimming every day and work on these things with him but I know that is not possible. Because swimming with my kids wears me out unless Travis is there, I don't even think its the swimming part that makes me so tired because my kids have done great this year, it is the packing everything up and unpacking everything every time we go that wears me out! I feel like we are going on a vacation everytime we go swimming! I was very pleased with these swim lessons and hope to do them again next year! Way to go Parley!
This is him diving for the toys.
His front float..
Practicing the front crawl...
and then doing it all by himself...

His back float..

No comments: