Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eagle Mentor...





We had an Eagle court of honor in our ward last tuesday for 3 young men, One of the young men asked Travis to present the Eagle to him and Travis was totally honored besides all these 3 young men we're Travis's Deacons so he was thrilled to be invited to go, The boys and I decided to go too and I was so glad we did. Besides the fact that there was a real Eagle which was so awesome and my boys favorite part by far, What a cool animal!! Without Travis knowing, two of these boys chose Travis as their Mentor and presented him with a pin. He was very humbled and felt a little dumb but when we got home that night he said that was a total pay day for him, He loves those young men more than anything and I can't even tell you how much he misses serving in the Young Men! These boys have really touched his life! He got a little emotional presenting the award to Izeck but I loved what he talked about, He talked about the scout uniform and  then he talked about the uniform that he was wearing, the Aaronic Priesthood uniform and how Izeck has always honored that priesthood and the other boys too. And that he isn't always going to remember how to tie knots but he will always remember his priesthood duties. I can't really do it justice but I thought he did a great job. And I know that he felt totally honored to be asked to present the eagle and then to be chosen as their mentor!!

No comments: