Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gratitude...


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I love this time of year, i love being with all of my family and with the shupes, what a blessing it is to live so close to family. This time of year always makes me realize how blessed we really are. I have so much to be thankful for. One of my favorite talks of President Hinckley's is when he introduced the 6 be's, and i love that he put "Be Grateful" as number one, i think that that shows the importance of it. He also said in that talk "There are two little words in the english language that perhaps mean more than all the others, they are "Thank You". He also said, "the habit of saying Thank you is the mark of an educated man or worman. I love that, i am so grateful to wonderful parents who always taught me the importance of this same thing, I just hope that i can instill it in my own family, because i believe it is so important. I am especially grateful that my boys have good examples all around them of this. I don't know the words exactly but Joseph Smith also said once that, "one of the greatest sins that us as latter day saints can be guilty of is that of ingratitude." I hope that i can always show my gratitude and not just at this time of year but always. Thank you to all of my friends and family for the many services you have given us and for the examples you are to us. i love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

And then we can all start trimming the tree!! YEA!!

5 comments:

Heidi Openshaw said...

I am so thankful for you Sue! I love you. I love how you always call me to check in. You are so sweet and thoughtful. I am glad I have you!

The Shupes said...

I am grateful for you too!! I am so lucky to have such great sister-in-laws!! And I especially love having something to share motherhood with, more like an example to follow!! Happy Thanksgiving!1

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari Ann said...

You are such a neat girl and I am so grateful that we are friends, even if I really only talk to you through blogging.

McRae Family said...

Susie
You have the sweetest family....I found your blog and was so excited to see all of your cute pictures....Thanks for sharing
Engor McRae