Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Parley!!

(Sorry there are quite a few pics with this post,i couldn't pick and choose,so most of them are for our families journaling!)


We celebrated Parley's birthday on Saturday, it was a very busy day, he had 2 easter egg hunts that morning and then we had a little family party that night with the Shupes and my mom and dad! It was a fun day! Parley is very into trains right now,so i decided to attempt a train cake, it turned out ok, it was a lot of work but Parley loved it so it made it all worth it. He was such a fun Birthday boy, i can't believe i have a 2 year old! He has such a fun personality. i love hanging out with him all day, he is always making me laugh and keeps me on my toes. He is learning his ABC's and notices any letters or numbers on anything. I am amazed at how smart he is getting! He went to the doctor this morning and is growing so big, He is healthy and strong which is always good news. He weighed 26 1/2 pounds (30th %) was 33 1/2 inches tall (26th %) and his head was 77%, ya gotta love those big heads!! Anyways he is a delight to have in our family! He can light up the room! we just love this boy!
His birthday invitation!

He got some new blocks from the shupes and absolutely loves them, they were burying him here and he was laughing so hard.
He also got some new golf clubs like his dad, they were practicing.
Showing off his new shades.
Resting after the big party!
Our little family!
the half eaten cake.
reading his new books with gma and gpa anderson.
We played a few games with Parley like, ring around the rosies, going on a bear hunt and we colored eggs.
Some of the finished eggs.

He was so spoiled! But did a really good job at opening presents. he has finally learned how to do it.
Percy, just what he wanted!
great gpa shupe sporting the conductors hat, aunt meme and aunt kaka, Parley loves these guys so much.
Silly Grandpa Shupe

Kaka and Parley eating their dinner.
Parley showing Gpa his cake!
The Train Cake!
The Birthday Boy!
More cake!
too many presents?

9 comments:

Chelli said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pictures!

karlin said...

Happy Birthday Parley. Looks like a fun party! I'm telling you... you know how to throw one! Love the invitations, cake, and presents!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Susie that cake is seriously the most amazing thing! I want to pay you to make Macie a beautiful Princess Birthday cake. Parley is just so cute!

Katie and the boys said...

Your cake turned out wonderful! I'm glad Parley enjoyed it, it makes it all worth it!

Kari Ann said...

I am so impressed! I wish I had an ounce of your creative abilities. I love the cake and invitations! It is crazy it has been two years, but I agree that it is the funnest age ever! He is a doll!

Callie said...

What a fun party! Love the pictures & I love his cake! That is way cute. Did you make it? I know where I need to come for ideas now. Sorry for all the confusion with your hair appt. Thanks for being understanding & patient with me. See you next week.

The Goughs said...

WOW! That's all I can say. I have been thinking about what to do for Mikayla's birthday. Sometime's I think it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it really is. You made it very special for him. Way to go Sus!

Kyle and Ashlee said...

Sus....your fam could not get any cuter. That B-day cake was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Actually I take that back....it was believable because it was made by YOU! AKA Martha Stewart. Thanks again for hosting the play date. Your house and kids are beautiful. Talk to you soon.

Pessoa Fam said...

Happy Birthday Parley! Susie, You are so crafty! That is the cutest cake ever! I would not even know where to begin to make a cake like that.