Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Sister Nada Anderson (MOM)...


Happy birthday to my amazing mom! She is now serving as Sister Nada Anderson in the San Pablo Philippines mission. She has already had some pretty crazy experiences,and we can't wait to hear about more. I am so grateful for such a wonderful mom. She is the most unselfish person i know and i am sure the Elders are loving her as their mission mom (they are so lucky)! People always would tell me that i was so spoiled because i am the youngest in my family. Well i will finally admit that that is true, i have always been spoiled by my moms love and care. I wasn't so much spoiled with material things although we had enough. My mom is the most frugal person i know, and we always had to work for what we got, but she did spoil me by the way she cared for me. for example: She used to scoop out the grapefruit for me, she put curlers in my hair even when i was in high school, and if i asked her to do it now, she would. She always made sure my needs or my siblings needs came before hers. She always made sure we said family prayers, even if it was standing at the door before i left for school. The gospel is always first and foremost in her home. She now takes such good care of my kids, and they know how much she loves them by the way she treats them, not by the things she buys. She never was the type to go out with friends, her family is always first in her life. I really can't remember a day when she wasn't home when i came home from school. She is amazing. I miss her more than anything right now, but I know that she is doing the right thing! 3 years is a long time, but i know how blessed i am to have her and i know that there is people who don't even have a mom to email or to say that they get to see her in 3 years. So i am so blessed, and i know my family will be blessed by this sacrifice her and my dad are making now! I have already seen in Parley when he prays for them everynight. I love you Mom! I hope you have a fabulous birthday.

6 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweet tribute! We are pretty lucky Girls to have her for a mom! I love the example she has set! Thanks for sharing!
love ya too!

karlin said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! We do have wonderful, thoughtful Mom's. They must have learned it from Grandma. As I've gotten older, especially, I've realized that not ever Mom knows how to be so great.

Katie and the boys said...

I love to hear how your mom was when you were growing up. I want to be just like her. She really is amazing and so are you!

The Shupes said...

What a nice tribute to your mom. She really is a neat lady and those missionaries are lucky to have her for 3 years. It truly is such a blessing to have a great mom. I don't know what I would do without mine. I am so glad I was put into the family I was. And you are going to be or already are just as amazing as your mom. I really look up to you and am so glad I get to follow you! Love ya!!

Us said...

I love you! I hope all is well with your mom being gone. I know you love and miss her a ton.

karlin said...

I think I dreamed about this last night but Griffin has an ortho appt on Friday morning at 9:15. Do you want to see if any of your sisters can get together for lunch?? Let me know. Sorry for the short notice it always sneaks up on me.