Monday, July 7, 2008

Milestones...

We have a hit couple of milestones in our family in the last month or so. The first one being that Brigham finally had a tooth break through, yea! and has another one close behind. The 2nd one being and i don't even know if you would consider this a milestone, but we certainly did because i didn't think it would ever happen, We broke Parley of his binky!!Can you believe it? About a month and a half ago, we decided to just give it a shot, not having very much hope that it would happen, but it did! and we are so relieved. I wondered how he would do because Brigham still has one and it is hard for Parley to understand why brig can have one and he can't, and he was always sneaking brigham's binky and would get his quick fix.He has been doing great without it, sometimes I find him eyeing brigham's binky and sneaking a quick suck, but for the most part, He has done a great job. I am so proud of him, because he totally loved that thing, it was such a comfort for him. I wasn't really ready to take it away but travis has been wanting to for a while now. It is hard to believe how big he is getting, he talks my ear off all day long and is learning so many new words every day. WE just love these 2 boys, our next milestone we are working on is potty training, wish us luck, i don't think it will be any time soon though.

2 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Yeah Susie that's awesome. What a good boy to be able to understand about his binky. He is growing up so quick. 2 1/2 is when I potty trained all 3 of my boys and they all did awesome. Let me know if you need help, I love potty training. (I have a tiny potty if you need one)

*** said...

Oh Brig's poor little teeth! So glad they are breaking. And way to go Parley on the binky! Kennedy had her's until after 2...it saved me while I was working from home and needed her to be quiet while on the phone. What beautiful inventions!! What a good boy to let it go. And, GOOD LUCK with the potty training! I am no help with the boys, that's got to be tricky! For Kennedy, we bought a gumball machine and she picked out her fav candy (skittles). She got to put a penny in every time she went in the potty...and she didn't get any other candy at all during this. She did it in two days, but girlies are so very different from the trick the boys have to learn. GOOD LUCK!!!!