Friday, November 6, 2009

Day of Offering...

We have Stake Conference coming up this weekend and every year our stake does a temple day where they call it The Day of Offering where they ask us to sacrifice our day and spend as much time at the temple as we can. Today was that day and Travis and I had the wonderful opportunity to be in the temple for 5 hours and to participate in 3 different ordinances, It was so awesome to be there and to be reminded of so many things. It was a wonderful experience for me and it was very much needed, thank you to my wonderful mom-in-law who came and spent the night here last night so that we could leave at 5:30 am, she also spent the morning with our kids so i am grateful for her sacrifice so that we could be at the temple! I was even able to go to lunch with my wonderful husband, something we don't get to do very often! (and might I recommend a delicious place for lunch, Cal's Deli just west of the freeway in bountiful, very Yummy!!) What a great day!!

2 comments:

Elisha said...

I'm so glad you guys got to do that. I wish that Matt was in town so that we could have gone. We went last year and absolutely loved it as well. It's always hard to make arrangements and actually get there, but once you do it's so amazing!

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a wonderful day together. I'm so glad you were able to have some time with your hubby cause you deserve it miss Martha. Lunch with your man...so fun.