Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Relief Society...


I know I have said that March is a busy Birthday month for us and I really wasn't kidding, not only is it a lot of my family members bdays but it is also the Relief Society's Birthday too and since I am the Enrichment leader I get to plan a party for this. This is my 3rd year doing this party and we were starting to run out of ideas, but this year we decided to do a purse night we called it Let's get "Purse" onal! It was last night and it ended up being a great night, everything went as planned and it was well attended which is always my biggest worry but every seat was full! My committee did an amazing job like always and we had a very talented sister in our ward make the purse cake, isn't it amazing? She worked hard on it but her work really payed off and it was the talk of the night, not only was it pretty but it tasted delicious!We had a fun game of finding things in your purses. We had a skit that was seriously so funny, I was dying, the sisters played their parts perfect. Then we closed the night with a wonderful message from our Stake President about how the things we put in our purse should reflect what our priorities in life are. He had cleaned out his wife's purse earlier that day and had talked about what was in her purse , she had things like a journal,new testament study guide, consecrated oil, temple recommend and of course some silly things too but he mentioned that her purse is an example of her life and how she lives, It was a great way to end our night and made me think about what I should put in my purse. All in all it was a great night and now I can take a sigh of relief for another month! whewwww!



This was the little handout sitting at everyones seat, something for them to put in their purse!


The skit, my camera takes terrible pictures in the gym so sorry but these ladies were so funny. this is the narrator, she did a great job, we had a purse fashion show of our different purses throughout our lives.
The little girl purse
The prom purse with a mirror and a cell phone.
The gym bag.

the college back, a backpack with lots of books.

The newlyed bag, you can't tell but she has a picture of her husband on her shirt and her purse was full of midol,thank you cards, rose colored glasses...
The postpartum purse, she has her sleeping little boy in her arms.
The church lady bag, she had post it notes all over, church pictures that needed to be returned to the library etc...
I was dying on this one, she was the mom on the move bag, she had a big doll strapped to her, she is wearing a scout shirt, talking on her phone, a pinewood derby car, bags of goceries, a lawnchair because she just came from a soccer game..
The grandma purse, she was so funny.
She is drinking her pills here..
all the models, they seriously did such a good job!
Now we have Parley's birthday on monday and then we should be done for a while with birthdays! Wow!

1 comment:

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a fun night Sue. I love that cake. It is amazing. WHat a creative idea, seriously. You do an amazing job. How do you do it all?! You wear me out, and I know I say that all the time!