Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cebu Phillippines Temple...

I just spoke with my Mom on Skype last night and as you know they are Mission Presidents over in the Philippine San Pablo mission and they had a special invite to attend the Cebu temple dedication, and she told me all about it last night and said it was one of those once in a lifetime most spiritual experiences they have ever had. They were able to go to the cultural event that the philipino saints put on for the prophet and other leaders that were there. and then they attended the last dedication of the day so my mom said that the prophet was in no hurry to get to the next one, She said he spoke for 45 minutes and in the other dedications he only spoke for 15, she said he told story after story. She said that Pres. Eyring came up to her after and kissed her on the forehead and thanked her for her service, Her and another mission presidents wife were able to clean up the house and the bed where the prophet spent the night. As I was talking to her, I thought to myself, What an amazing experience to be in the celestial room of the temple with the Prophet of God and other amazing leaders and to talk to them like they are best friends, I asked her if she was able to sit and talk with Pres. Monson, she said she didn't get to but my Dad did. How awesome is that! I feel so blessed to be on the receiving end of my Dad and Mom's service and I truly believe that Missions bless lives of those serving and their families no matter the sacrifice!Thanks Mom and Dad for your amazing example.

My Mom said that this was one of the most Beautiful Temples she has ever been in. Oh and my parents only have one more year, it is so nice to finally be able to say they will be home next summer!!

1 comment:

The Shupes said...

What a neat experience. It is so good to know that people all over the world have the blessing of a temple close to them. We are so lucky to have so many close to us. I can't imagine being so close to those great men, that would be awesome. That will be so neat for you to go see them. And one more year!!