Sunday, June 6, 2010

A new Calling...


A couple of weeks ago I was released from my calling as Relief Society Meeting Coordinator (enrichment leader), I was so sad, I totally enjoyed the calling and absolutely loved the sisters that I worked with, I will miss it. I was given a new calling as Primary Secretary, It has been an eventful couple of weeks because my last calling wasn't necessarily a sunday calling, now I am one busy girl on sundays, Our primary has 135 kids and 52 teachers, so we are busy, I haven't been in primary for 10 years and am excited to be back, I love learning the primary songs and seeing all these cute kids, I have been reading Elder Eyrings talk from conference about "helping them on their way home", it is an awesome one about how us as leaders and parents are here to set this spiritual foundation for these kids, and he promises us that if we do this with patience and understanding that us and the children we help will return safely home to our Heavenly Father and be with our families forever. It has been fun for me to watch Parley in the Sunbeams, He has quite the singing voice :) He had to say the prayer the other day in opening exercises and I was on my way up to help him but he started without me and I had to write down what he said before I forget, He said that he was glad he could go to church, and then he said he was glad that his mom got baptized so long ago and then he said that his mom was so great, it really was the sweetest thing, and it really made me look forward to my new calling!!

1 comment:

Heidi Openshaw said...

Sue you will do wonderful. I am serving in primary currently. I teach the 11 year old girls and I have 15 of them. They're quite the challenge sometimes, but I love being in Primary to spy on Mace. She is hilarious. Sunbeams are the best! What a darling prayer Parley gave. We miss you guys. It's been too long.