Thursday, January 24, 2008

THE BIG MOVE!!


Well we did it, we moved Mom and Dad out of their house. It held 27 years worth of stuff. It was quite the project and everyone chipped in. Travis took 4 trips to the dump with about 5000 pounds of stuff each time. Not to mention the countless trips that mom and others took to the D.I. It was a big move and I think Mom and Dad feel a little relieved to have it all done and starting fresh. They are enjoying there new house in west kaysville and i think my sister Emily is enjoying it even more because she gets them right next door, LUCKY!! The day of the move was a little sentimental to me. After we had moved everything over to the new house, everyone had left and i was the only one there with my 2 boys, i walked through the house and took pictures of every room and, then just sat in the kitchen area and cried for about 30 minutes, i had to do it, and i had to get it out. I felt better after and felt like i could face the new changes. i am a baby i know, but that is the only house i have ever known and i couldn't help but think of how my boys won't even remember the house that i grew up in. But i am so proud of mom and dad, because for one they have been a little stronger than me and they have made their new house feel like home. Now if i can just survive the next big change, the mission.
The kitchen.


The staircase that for so many years held so many christmas stockings.

The green room, mine, emily's and angie's old room.

7 comments:

littlest said...

oh susie! it holds so many of my childhood memories! i just want to cry looking at the pics. i loved your house. it was my second home in reality

(jones)

Chelli said...

I am sorry it was so hard for you! Jason's family is very sad to see your parents go too. They always talk so highly of your family.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry that you were so sad, that is so hard!! Hang in there, you will find that a house is just a house and a home is where your mom and dad are, oh crap, that means your new home is in Africa, I don't think I'm helping so i'll stop now! Love ya!!!

karlin said...

That is so sad to see that house empty. I can't even believe it! I have so many good memories in that house too... like handball in the basement and love the green carpet room! I'm glad you were all able to get them moved... that is OFFICIALLY the BIGGEST move ever!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Sue, I also have so many wonderful memories in that house of us goofing off, singing the Mariah Carey songs super loud, doing our hair and make-up, doing homework. Ahhhh! Sad, yet good. I love you Sue and that house too!

Kate said...

You're definitely not a baby. Those pictures made me miss the house too--it was always so much fun to hang out there.

Mikelle said...

I can't believe they are moving, things are suppose to stay the same. Don't our parents know that they are not allowed to move from the houses we grew up in. My mom is also planning on moving in the spring, aaahhh.