Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!!

New Years was a little bitter sweet this year. I don't know if i have mentioned it but my mom and dad have sold their house, the only house i have ever known. They are moving out in about 10 days and have bought a new home in west kaysville. They have also turned their mission papers in so we will be getting a call anytime. Anyways my family has a tradition of a huge new years eve party every year. where my whole family comes 46 of us, it is a blast. We always bring in the new year with Neil Diamond cranked up as loud as it goes. This year we snowmobiled, had kareoke contests, ate yummy food, danced with brad,played bingo and of course neil was playing loud. but after we had our new years kisses and had celebrated with sparkling drinks. we all just started to cry knowing that it was the last time in mom and dad's house. All the little cousins were crying, all the big adults were crying and of course dad saw it as an opportunity to teach us. He sat us all down and talked about a few of the many memories that we as a family had in the house and then bore his testimony to us. it was a great way to start out the new year. Thanks mom and dad for always teaching us the truth, and for making that house such a wonderful one because of the spirit that was always there. i can just hope and pray that i can always have that same spirit in my home. Happy 2008!
Travis and parley in matching shirts.

One of the last times we will all be in the kitchen together eating great food.


Brigham wasn't quite sure why he was staying up so late but was a great sport.

Parley loves to be with his cousins and just kind of does his own thing. He drank a lot of sparkling cider but my camera had died so i didn't get pics, but we got a few good laughs out of it, he seemed a little drunk.

6 comments:

karlin said...

Okay, this post totally makes me cry. There is NOT a New Years that goes by that I don't think about you guys and the memories I have of your family and in that house on New Years. I still continue most of those traditions.... sparkling cider, shrimp, limbo, dancing, and I have to blast NEIL DIAMOND, Coming to America, it's not New Years without it! That's got to be hard to say good bye to that house with SO many memories for all of you. It's crazy how life changes. You guys have the best family parties and as I host all of my family I can't help but think how you guys host SO many people SO flawlessly. I can only hope to follow in your parents footsteps. I love their testimonies and strength too. (sorry this was a forever long comment) Love you! Happy New Year!

karlin said...

Wait... one more thing... your parents bought a house? I hadn't heard that. Good for them, they found one they liked? How is packing going?

Kari Ann said...

It was so fun to see you the other day! I wish I got to see you more.
I know I m pregnant, but I got all choked up when I read about your house. Change is hard sometimes. You have a neat family!

Elisha said...

Okay, WHERE did you get matching shirts for Parley and Travis? Too cute!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Susie, Oh my goodness. You are the blogging queen! I had so much to read and catch up on. I seriously almost starting crying reading about your New Years Eve Party. I cannot believe your parents are going on a mission, and man I have a lot of awesome memories in that house too. Change is hard! I love you, and remember I am totally here for you when your mom leaves. I love you!

Jade said...

Oh I haven't been to your blog in so long, it is so fun to see the pictures of your family. I miss your family. It even makes me a little sad that your parents are moving. But Africa is going to never be the same after Rich and Nada have been missionaries there, I am so excited. Love ya!