Monday, January 21, 2008

I am a Child of God....

Sundays have been wonderful lately, except that now our church begins at 1:30, so we feed Parley lunch at about 10:30 than put him to bed until church, it is a forced nap and sometimes he goes right to sleep, other times we aren't so lucky and that makes for a long day. Yesterday he went right to sleep because i told him we couldn't go to nursery or nu nu as he calls it until he took a nap. Yes he finally loves nursery, he goes without the binky and everything. so i am one grateful mom. i just hope he continues to like it. anyways yesterday in Relief Society, we were having opening exercises and Brigham had been asleep in his car seat for about 5 minutes and our opening song was "I am a Child of God", after we had started singing it i looked down and Brigham was wide eyed and had the biggest grin on his face, i knew he liked this song, i just didn't know how much. How grateful i am for the sweet hymns and that my boys can recognize them at such a young age.

ps i am still looking for ideas for the rs birthday party, i know i have really creative friends and family. Share your ideas. love ya

4 comments:

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a precious story. I love babies, and I want one! I am sorry. I do not any ideas for your Relief Society Birthday party. I wish I did though. I will pray for you. I laughed so hard when I read your comment on Macie's carseat moment. Oh my goodness you are so funny, and I love you. We're hoping to come to Farmington on Thursday. I hope we can see you then. Maybe Macie and Parley could actually play for once!

karlin said...

We have 1:00 church right now so I feel your pain. Some Sundays are very long when kids don't get their naps. Good luck with Enrichment leader. You'll be awesome. That is a big calling! Also, Griffin has an ortho appt on Feb 6th at 9am for an hour... maybe we could get together after?? Let me know.

The Shupe Ohana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Goughs said...

Okay...Mikayla is not so much loving the nursery still, but we will get there. I have faith in the nursery program. he.he.
Anyway, I can't believe how precious babies really are. It is truly amazing how much they soak in and how much they are aware of. A MIRACLE is what it is.
Oh, by the way - we had 1:30 last year - I promise you will get used to it, but it's still kindof crappy.
love you