Monday, November 1, 2010

5th day in the Philippines... Lipa and Balut..

On our 5th Day, Saturday, My dad had a speaking assignment at a youth conference so we headed to Lipa to listen to him. This was very interesting as again we were the only 4 white people in a sea of dark. The meeting was all in Tagalog besides my dad's talk so a sister missionary sat by me and translated. It was a very good meeting and it was so fun to see my dad talk again, he did an awesome job. then after they fed us some rice and Ulam (which is pretty much anything you can put on rice) it was very interesting, travis loved it and ate about 3 plates, i was a little skeptical as to where the meat had come from :) after the meeting Travis and my dad did another round of Golf and me and mom went shopping. I know I have said it already but I loved just being with my mom, it was so fun! Then that night we just ate dinner and hung out at the mission home enjoying another mango shake. Then the office Elders and Ap's came over and the Bishop/Guard with some Balut, and they all ate one for us. Oh, so gross! I could not believe they do that, one guy was totally crunching his and he said oh I think I just ate the beak! I was dieing.


 So a Balut is like a duck that  is growing, these ones were 19days old or something, they had feathers and everyhing, so gross.

 they suck the juice out first...

 check out the Bishop in the background, he was downing his...

No comments: