Monday, November 22, 2010

A Christmas Party in November...

 We had our 2nd annual Anderson Family christmas party where we went to the Bishop's storehouse and worked for 2 hours and then went to the Brown's for a yummy dinner and program. It was a very fun night. I loved going to the storehouse there was something for all of my kids to do.
 this year we packaged toilet paper..
 bagged potatoes...
 these 2 were as happy as can be riding on the carts..
 these 2 were so crazy together but at least they had fun while they worked..


 Me and my sister Emily took lots of the youngest kids into the store part and stocked the shelves..


 Brig was my best little helper and loved stocking everything...



 we also bagged oranges..



 Then we went to Brown's for a yummy dinner, it was so fun to be with everyone and of course we missed Brad and Aimee and their family and of course mom and dad, but are so excited that they get to be here with us next year. 

 Travis and I brought home a whole bunch of gifts for everyone from my parents from the philippines , all the guys and older boys got some oakley knockoffs, they modeled for us!
This totally got me in the mood for the Holidays, I had to give the program and I focused on Gratitude, we have so much to be grateful for. And my eyes were totally opened when we went to the Philippines, I really feel so blessed to have all that we have , especially the little things that we take for granted everyday, like flushing toilets, warm water, a garbage system that takes away garbage once a week, a beautiful home full of more than enough of everything! I really think that my kids closets could clothe more than 100 kids in the philippines. We have so much to be grateful for, and I am so grateful for this time of year to reflect on that and to be with family. I love to be with family, I think that is what the Holidays are all about and am really looking forward to the next couple of weeks to do just that!

Pres. Monson said in his talk "The divine gift of Gratitude":
My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven. 
I just loved that and thought that I am going to really try to live with Gratitude ever in my heart, so that I can touch Heaven. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 


No comments: