Monday, February 25, 2008

"With One Voice"...


I had my first big enrichment activity since i have been enrichment leader and it was a lot of fun, a lot of work but a lot of fun! It was actually a stake enrichment meeting and they put our ward in charge of the service project, so we ended up getting enough fabric and batting that was mostly donated for 20 quilts, amazing huh! it was awesome, we ended up getting 8 of the 20 quilts tied on saturday and so now we have 12 more that need to get done. We also personalized 100 bags for the childrens justice center here in farmington. The quilts are going to the Safe Harbor womens crisis center, they are to be bed spreads for the beds there, so they wanted them to match. I feel so relieved to have this done and now i am looking forward to our relief society birthday party on March 6th. anyways i loved doing this, i love the spirit that comes when serving, what a blessing it was to me to be able to be apart of this. They had a little program too where they talked about how us as women are all one voice and how we all need to stand together, anyways it was an uplifting day for me and wanted to share. Thanks to Travis for watching the boys all night friday night while we set up and then again all day saturday, your the best babe! and thanks to all the leaders that i was able to work with on this, i had a lot of fun getting to know them better and working with them.

Quilting, quilting and more quilting!!


Working on the bags and some of them finished.

3 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

You did an amazing job at this activity. I would love to do a quilt for you (or more) let me know if you would like me to come and grab it from you. Did you make that darling poster that was outside of the r.s. room on sunday? So cute, you are amazing.

Chelli said...

Good job! I know you put alot of work into it! I am sure it was awesome!

Heidi Openshaw said...

Way to go Susie! It looks like it was a huge success. I knew you'd do a great job at with this calling. You are Martha Stewart and fully capable of planning all this fun stuff for the ladies. Enjoy your break before the big Birthday Bash!